Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing context labels, part of Linux: Firewalls and SELinux.
- [Sean] I've already mentioned that SELinux…is not going to throw a fit…or cause you really any problems at all…as long as everything you do as a systems administrator…kind of conforms to what we would call standards.…If you put your webpages into var/www/html,…you're not going to have problems.…But if you're a web administrator that likes to do things…slightly differently and you want to just make a directory…at the root level of your harddrive called web…and put everything in there,…this is Linux, right, you can do that,…but SELinux is going to kind of freak out…'cause it knows that that's not supposed to be there.…
So as an administrator you kind of need to know…how to get things to work that way.…We're just going to use that as an example…and we're going to show you how to make that work.…So, the first thing we need to do…is see what it's supposed to look like.…So we go cd, and we'll look at var/www,…and actually I'm just going to park there for a second,…and we're going to go to ls -FLaZ, and look at what's here.…
- Working with iptables
- Installing Firewalld
- Exploring zones and services
- Allowing the Apache web server
- Allowing FTP and SFTP servers
- Installing SELinux utils
- Setting discretionary or mandatory access
- Installing SELinux man pages
- Working with Booleans
- Changing context labels
- Running sepolicy
- Finding SELinux logs
- Making domains permissive
- Disabling and reenabling SELinux
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Multitasking at the Command Linewith Scott Simpson39m 1s Intermediate
1. Firewall Basics on Linux
2. Configuring Firewalld for Local Protection
3. SELinux Fundamentals
4. Working with SELinux
5. SELinux Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.