Challenge yourself to list, load, remove, get information about, and build LKMs
- [Voiceover] In your exercise files,…you should find the file Chatper 3 Challenges.pdf…with the questions for the challenges for this lab.…We're going to be practice writing, compiling,…and loading kernel modules.…Some really pretty cool stuff.…This challenge should take you about 30 minutes.…
We survey the Linux kernel specification, boot process, and loadable kernel modules. You will practice techniques such as downloading and searching Linux kernel source code and configuring a Linux kernel from scratch. Challenge and solution videos at the end of almost every chapter allow you to test your new Linux skills along the way.
- What is the Linux kernel?
- Controlling hardware
- Reading Linux kernel messages
- Reading and writing files from the proc and sysfs filesystems
- Configuring GRUB
- Using kernel command-line parameters
- Configuring run levels
- Working with loadable kernel modules (LKMs)
- Searching the kernel source code
- Building and installing a Linux kernel
Skill Level Advanced
Learning Linux Command Line (2016)with Scott Simpson1h 38m Beginner
1. Surveying the Linux Kernel
3. Working with Loadable Kernel Modules
4. Examining Linux Kernel Source Code
5. Configuring and Building a Linux Kernel
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.