Test your knowledge with a 25-minute challenge about how to configure GRUB, configure a Linux system for a variety of systemd targets, and customize the initramfs.
- [Voiceover] You should see in your exercise file,…so Chapter 2 Challenges.pdf…where we have the challenge questions,…and we're going to modify kernel command parameters…in a couple different ways, interacting with grub,…and we're going to investigate an id.…I expect that this should take you about 25 minutes or so.…
We survey the Linux kernel specification, boot process, and loadable kernel modules. You will practice techniques such as downloading and searching Linux kernel source code and configuring a Linux kernel from scratch. Challenge and solution videos at the end of almost every chapter allow you to test your new Linux skills along the way.
- What is the Linux kernel?
- Controlling hardware
- Reading Linux kernel messages
- Reading and writing files from the proc and sysfs filesystems
- Configuring GRUB
- Using kernel command-line parameters
- Configuring run levels
- Working with loadable kernel modules (LKMs)
- Searching the kernel source code
- Building and installing a Linux kernel
Skill Level Advanced
1. Surveying the Linux Kernel
3. Working with Loadable Kernel Modules
4. Examining Linux Kernel Source Code
5. Configuring and Building a Linux Kernel
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.