In this video, explore the use of the Acrylic heatmap survey tool to map wireless network coverage. Learn about the Acrylic wireless network detection tool and its ability to capture wireless network traffic. Explore how it is used with an open access point.
- Acrylic Analyzer is a tool to detect and enable … testing of wireless networks. … A free version is available and can be downloaded … from the website shown. … The professional version is reasonably priced … and has a lot of features. … I'll be using that one in this demonstration. … Acrylic Analyzer can be used for detecting wireless networks … and for identifying network strengths … during a walk around or war drive … and for identifying clients associated … with the access points. … It also provides wireless network, packet capture … and testing of passwords and pins. … On starting Acrylic Analyzer the main screen … comes up in the access point view, … the WiFi symbol at the top. … I can press the play button to start detecting networks. … The main pane shows the SSID, the BSSID, … the receive signal strength, the channel, … some quality of security information … and if we slide across we can see the vendor information … and details of the type of access point … and the packets process. …
Note: This course is part of our test prep series for the Certified Ethical Hacker exam. Review the complete exam objectives at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Selecting an antenna
- Configuring security
- Extracting WEP and network passwords
- Testing passwords
- Harvesting connections from rogue access points
- Attacking networks via Bluetooth
- Capturing wireless packets with Acrylic Wi-Fi
- Heat mapping with Ekahau
- Wi-Fi sniffing with Wireshark
- Testing the Internet of Things