Take a look at the WinaXe client vulnerability, and download an exploit-db Python script to attack it.
- [Narrator] One of the more recent exploits,…in the Exploit DB Database, is a vulnerability…in the WinaXe FTP client.…I'll select the WinaXe FTP client remote, but for overflow.…This isn't a ready to run vulnerability,…but rather a vulnerability alert.…However, if we scroll down, we can see some code.…This is a minimal FTP port responder.…We can see the shell code payload being created…and the address to overwrite the return address being setup.…
And then the socket being established.…This is followed by a listener, being setup on port 21,…which will send out a large 220 response packet,…with a payload attached.…Let's download this.…We can see the exploit has been downloaded, as 40693.PY.…I'll need to edit the exploit to remove the alert text,…but also to adjust the code,…in order for it to run entirely.…I'll remove the text at the top and bottom of the code.…
I'll add a comment at the top, to flag that it's python.…I'll also do some recoding for socket management.…And I'll also advice when we sent the exploit.…
Note: Learning about ethical hacking for exploits is part of the Malware competency from the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) body of knowledge.
- Writing assembler programs
- Using debugging programs
- Controlling flow
- Executing code from the data section
- Ethical attacking to identify vulnerabilities
- State-sponsored attacks
- Using Metasploit
- Adding new exploits to Metasploit
- Using Armitage