Join Chaim Krause for an in-depth discussion in this video Apache, part of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at setting up…a network service.…This time, I'm going to set up an HTTP server.…Now I'm going to do this from the perspective…of an administrator setting this up, at it's bare minimum,…for another administrator to take over…and handle the specifics.…So let's get started.…By default, the HTTP server,…that SUSE Linux Enterprise Server uses, is the apache2.…So let's install that package.…And let's make this bigger,…so we got more screen to work with.…
Okay, we've downloaded the package and installed it.…What it's asking us now is,…these are the various IP addresses…that are on the interfaces,…which ones do we want to listen on?…So we may want to listen on just local host,…and let's say, on 192.…The default is Port 80.…And we're going to say, next.…Now, it asks us which of these scripting modules…do we want to add?…This could be left up to your administrator.…
But you may know ahead of time and you may enable,…say for example, PHP5 and Perl.…What we're seeing now,…are the defaults that Apache comes with,…
- What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
- Installing SLES
- Linux file types
- Working at the command line
- Managing processes
- Working with background processes
- Managing users and groups
- Changing file permissions
- Configuring network interfaces
- Displaying hardware information
- Managing drivers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Package Managers and Repositorieswith Scott Simpson1h 13m Intermediate
Linux: User and Group Managementwith Grant McWilliams1h 8m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
1. What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
2. Working at the Command Line
3. System Initialization
4. Process Management
5. Identity and Security
6. Managing Software
7. Network Management
8. Basic Network Services
10. Administration and Monitoring
11. Hardware Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.