See how to install and use the Angry IP Scanner tool to check for open ports.
- [Instructor] There are a number…of scan tools available which are not included with Kali,…but may be useful for targeted enumeration.…One of these is Angry IP Scanner.…I'm at the website on the Linux download page.…Let's download and install it.…I'll select the third entry in the list…for an i386 package for Kali.…This is now in my downloads folder.…
I can see the package, which is called ipscan_3.5.3_…i386.deb.…So let's install it.…Okay, we're installed.…I'm going to add this to my application menu,…using the a la cart menu manager.…
If you don't have this, check out my Advanced Kali course…to see how to load it.…I'll select Applications, Usual applications,…Accessories, Main Menu.…I'll open up the top, left-hand tree entry,…and select Network and Port Scanners,…and then I'll select New Item on the right.…I'll call it Angry IP, and I'll browse…to usr\bin to select the IP Scan shell file.…
Okay.…We can now go to the Application menu,…Information Gathering, Network and Port Scanners,…and select Angry IP.…Before I do any scanning, I'll set the ports…
- Using Masscan for rapid full-service scanning
- Passive scanning with Shodan
- Using Nmap scripts
- Scanning with Reconnoitre and Vanquish
- Diagnosing uncommon ports
- Enumerating Drupal, WordPress, and Joomla sites
- Enumerating in the Linux shell
- Using the JAWS PowerShell script
Skill Level Advanced
Penetration Testing: Advanced Kali Linuxwith Malcolm Shore2h 22m Intermediate
Ethical Hacking: Penetration Testingwith Lisa Bock1h 20m Intermediate
Penetration Testing Essential Trainingwith Malcolm Shore2h 29m Intermediate
1. Identifying Services
2. Enumerating Services
3. Enumerating Web Servers
4. Further Enumeration
Enumerating inside Windows4m 41s
What's next1m 39s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.