Take a look at the monitoring APIs of Logstash.
- [Instructor] APIs for Logstash.…In this video, we are going to take a look…at the different types of monitoring APIs.…Then, we will do a hands-on demo on using…these monitoring APIs.…Types of Logstash APIs.…As part of Elastic Stack file release,…the APIs for Logstash was introduced…to monitor the Logstash pipelines.…The APIs for Logstash is categorized…into four groups, namely, node info API,…plugins info API, node stats API…and the hot threads API.…
Now, let's move onto the demo.…We will use a browser to test these APIs…as all these API call are using get method.…Now, let us see how to use these APIs.…Over here you can see a message that…Logstash API endpoint is allocated…to run on the port…9600.…So, let's keep the local host on the port 9600.…Okay, the result isn't formatted…so let's make use of the pretty query parameter…to get it aligned.…
We can see that the call has returned…the host name in which Logstash is running…followed by the version of Logstash…with many other details as well.…The node info API provides information on the node.…
This course was created and produced by Packt Publishing. We are honored to host this training in our library.
- Elasticsearch concepts
- Working with Logstach and Kibana
- Elasticsearch Query DSL
- Aggregation and analyzers
- Scripting in Elasticsearch
- Using plugins and APIs
- Building an interface with dashboards
- Filtering and processing input
- Loading data to Elasticsearch
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Elastic Stack
2. Elasticsearch: Full-Text Search and Analytics Engine
3. Collect, Parse, and Transform with Logstash
4. Finding Insights with Kibana
5. Building a Data Pipeline with Elastic Stack
6. Elastic Stack Success Stories
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.