Learn how to create, tag, and construct a post that is shareable and increase its organic exposure.
- [Instructor] Great content creates opportunities for conversations. The best LinkedIn posts engage, captivate, and cultivate relationships. A well-executed content plan will result in more business opportunities. During this section, I will share examples of content that I have seen has mass appeal and examples of posts that solopreneurs have used to start conversations. As you can see, we're on my profile page here, my LinkedIn page, and as you scroll down, you can find articles and activities. By clicking on See All Articles, it will bring you to an opportunity to click on Posts. That's where we're going to focus today. Posts are incredibly important ways to have mass appeal, and there are very specific ways to set them up, which I want to make sure I walk through. So obviously there are different types of posts. As you can see here, the majority of posts that I like have rich media. I share my experiences because not everybody likes to read, and a lot of people will be visual learners, so making sure that you have rich media here is important, this can be in the form of pictures, this can be in the form of podcasts, this could be in the form of video, now native video on LinkedIn is also for your business page. So making sure that you share videos has a huge mass appeal. So let's scroll down to a very specific example that I wanted to make sure you know how I structured it and one, it had mass appeal and how to measure the fact that it had mass appeal, and ultimately accomplish our objective which is to create more conversations. So as you can see, this post right here with me in this beautiful and lovely LinkedIn vest was a gift during the holidays from LinkedIn. So one, you can see I posted the photo. I said here's the photo of me, I don't know if it's a pouty face or what it is, but I'll tell you it is an excited human being who loves his vest. I also shared the image of the card that was sent, and it was just all really nice. But, I decided like most people when they get something that is wonderful, they want to share it. And in this case, I want to share it with my professional audience and my following here on LinkedIn, but this is the post. Now, it looks lengthy, I will give you that. However, the more content you have and the more opportunity, which is 1300 characters by the way for these types of posts, you can tag very specific people and businesses. So in this case, I was excited, so I tagged LinkedIn. Now, if you hover over LinkedIn, you can see that it has 5,600,000 followers. So when you tag LinkedIn with that kind of mass appeal with the people that work there who are also looking for people who tag, it is wonderful because when you tag them, it sends out an alert that someone is writing about the company, and typically if they engage with that post with that many followers, it will take it to a mass appeal level. As you scroll down, I also made sure to tag my business that I work in, as well as the folks that I work with on the marketing team at LinkedIn. Now when you get down here, the LinkedIn hashtag, the marketing hashtag and the business hashtag are wildly popular, and because they're wildly popular, people will go and follow these hashtags and be able to look at the content that is within those hashtags. And it's really important, so when you use hashtags in the tags to the post, when you tag people that have specifically worked with you, in this case, these are the people who sent the actual gift to me, they will see that you tagged them. And when they engage with the post or they start a conversation on the post, everyone in their network will see that they have in their activity section, which is the reason why many of these people are experiencing the nine billion content impressions a week is because they will be shown that that person that they follow or they're connected to has engaged with a piece of content, which will take it way further outside of your first connections, and that is when you see a post like this have mass appeal. Now, there's ways to measure it and I want to make sure we are clear on that. At the bottom here, you can see there's 242 likes, which isn't that bad, and 46 comments which is a check-mark on has this piece of content started conversations? Comments equal conversations. And when someone comments, that is your opportunity to start that conversation and you can reply directly to those on your post. But, LinkedIn has also done something very great here, they give you analytics. So as you can see here, the mass appeal part is that it had 23,202 views. But when you click the 23,202 views it will give you a bigger breakdown of that data, understanding that you are trying to make sure that not only are you getting your content out there, but it's getting to the right people. So it'll show you the companies, it'll show you the job titles, and it will show you the geography of these areas, so keep that in mind when you're sharing your content and make sure you're using this section to making sure that it's effectively starting the right types of conversations. So, just a quick recap, these are just a few tips, alright, and they should get you well on your way to creating posts that perform and create ideal business conversations on LinkedIn.
- Building a solid profile
- Creating a company page
- Optimizing for search
- Standing out as a solo business owner
- Creating a content strategy
- Writing posts that perform
- Posting videos on your LinkedIn profile