Join May Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Wrap up, part of LinkedIn for Veterans.
- Alright, mission accomplished. This journey has taken us from building a LinkedIn profile and a professional network to conducting a job search and enhancing our skills. You set yourself up for success, to connect with opportunity and make the right choices for you and your family in your transition from the military. It's important to remember though that being a LinkedIn member is a lot like serving in the military, it's what you make of it. The more you put into it, the more you'll get out of it, so I challenge you to go to LinkedIn on your laptop or open your mobile app at least once a day to connect with a member, check out a job opportunity or work on building a skill and if you haven't visited veterans.linkedin.com check it out to get your free one year premium and Lynda.com subscriptions.
It's been an honor to spend this time with you, congratulations on finishing the course and good luck in your transition. Access to opportunity is right at your fingertips now, see you on LinkedIn.
Find out how to become a LinkedIn member and discover special offers just for veterans at https://veterans.linkedin.com/.
- Creating a strong LinkedIn profile
- Writing a compelling summary
- Adding your work experience
- Adding skills and endorsements to your profile
- Using the Education, Honors, and Awards features
- Connecting with other LinkedIn members
- Finding open job opportunities
- Using Linked Learning to build skills
- Getting a free LinkedIn premium subscription