Join May Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Why did you create this course?, part of LinkedIn for Veterans.
- So, I was so excited to do this course…because I'm from this community.…I'm a marine veteran myself and I recognize…that when I got back from Afghanistan in early 2012,…I had to transition out of the military three months later,…and we all kind of struggle with some things…when we get back from deployments,…and there's some serious obstacles there to successfully…transition out of the military.…And for me, I really just wanted to build on…the services that the government's already providing…and really give service members something…that will be value added,…that will help them in this transition process.…
'Cause for me, when I transitioned out,…I had all these things I wanted to do with my life,…I had all these aspirations.…I wanted to start a business and do all kinds of things,…but I knew nobody in the business world,…so I had no professional network.…I feel privileged to be able to work at LinkedIn,…a company that does so much for the military community,…so I just want to make sure that service members…are getting the information and the knowledge they need…
Find out how to become a LinkedIn member and discover special offers just for veterans at https://veterans.linkedin.com/.
- Creating a strong LinkedIn profile
- Writing a compelling summary
- Adding your work experience
- Adding skills and endorsements to your profile
- Using the Education, Honors, and Awards features
- Connecting with other LinkedIn members
- Finding open job opportunities
- Using Linked Learning to build skills
- Getting a free LinkedIn premium subscription