Join Greg Call for an in-depth discussion in this video Why did you create this course?, part of LinkedIn for Veterans.
- So I was so excited to do this course because I'm from this community. I'm a marine veteran myself and I recognize that when I got back from Afghanistan in early 2012, I had to transition out of the military three months later. You know, we all kind of struggle with some things when we get back from deployments and there's some serious obstacles there to successfully transition out of the military. For me, I really just wanted to build on the services that the government's already providing and really give service members something that'll be value added, that'll help them in this transition process.
'Cause for me, when I transitioned out, I had all these things I wanted to do with my life. I had all these aspirations. I wanted to start a business and do all kinds of things but I knew nobody in the business world so I had no professional network. I feel privileged to be able to work at LinkedIn, a company that does so much for the military community, so I just wanna make sure that service members are getting the information and the knowledge they need to utilize LinkedIn, to allow them to reach their full potential when they transition out of the military.
Find out how to join LinkedIn and get special offers just for veterans at https://veterans.linkedin.com/.
- Drawing attention to your LinkedIn profile
- Writing a compelling summary
- Adding your skills, experience, and education
- Growing your LinkedIn network
- Finding open job opportunities
- Learning with Lynda.com