Join May Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video What's the current employment situation for veterans?, part of LinkedIn for Veterans.
- So the good news about the employment situation…for veterans is it's really improved significantly…over the past few years.…When I got out in 2012, I think veteran unemployment…in my generation of veterans was hovering at around 10%.…The latest unemployment rates came out for February…of this year and we're at 4.8% and non-veterans are at 4.9%.…We actually have lower unemployment rates…now than non-veterans.…And the beautiful thing is,…this is really the community that's risen up…and said hey, this is unacceptable.…
We're not going to have the men and women that are out there…sacrificing and serving our country come back…and not be able to get a job.…So, there are what they call pipelines now…for service members and veterans that will help facilitate…you making this transition,…and I encourage you to reach out to a lot of these pipelines…that are out there that your transition specialist…will talk to you about in your transition course.…But that's the great news.…So hey, we have lower unemployment rates now…
Find out how to become a LinkedIn member and discover special offers just for veterans at https://veterans.linkedin.com/.
- Creating a strong LinkedIn profile
- Writing a compelling summary
- Adding your work experience
- Adding skills and endorsements to your profile
- Using the Education, Honors, and Awards features
- Connecting with other LinkedIn members
- Finding open job opportunities
- Using Linked Learning to build skills
- Getting a free LinkedIn premium subscription