Join May Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video What is your military experience?, part of LinkedIn for Veterans.
- You know, I was 28 when I joined the military, so a little bit later in life. And the reason why I joined is, I was working as a business management consultant, and I had a great job, I had a great life. But I was coming home every day and watching the news and seeing the sacrifices that men and women were making in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. And for me, I just wanted to play my little part in that, and make a little bit of sacrifice as well in order to receive all the privileges that we get in this beautiful country of ours. And so, I decided to join the military, became a Marine officer, and then was a Marine officer for five years, and had the privilege of being a rifle platoon commander, which is always going to be the greatest job that I'll ever have in my life.
And then did two deployments, one to Africa, and one to Afghanistan before transitioning out in 2012.
Find out how to become a LinkedIn member and discover special offers just for veterans at https://veterans.linkedin.com/.
- Creating a strong LinkedIn profile
- Writing a compelling summary
- Adding your work experience
- Adding skills and endorsements to your profile
- Using the Education, Honors, and Awards features
- Connecting with other LinkedIn members
- Finding open job opportunities
- Using Linked Learning to build skills
- Getting a free LinkedIn premium subscription