Join Greg Call for an in-depth discussion in this video What is your military experience?, part of LinkedIn for Veterans (2016).
- You know, I was 28 when I joined the military, so a little bit later in life. The reason why I joined is I was working as a business management consultant and I had a great job, had a great life, but I was coming home every day and watching the news and seeing the sacrifices that men and women were making in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. For me, I just wanted to play my little part in that and make a little bit of sacrifice as well, in order to receive all the privileges that we get in this beautiful country of ours. So I decided to join the military, became a marine officer.
Then was a marine officer for five years and had the privilege of being a rifle platoon commander, which is always gonna be the greatest job that I'll ever have in my life. Then did two deployments. One to Africa and one to Afghanistan before transitioning out in 2012.
Find out how to join LinkedIn and get special offers just for veterans at https://veterans.linkedin.com/.
- Drawing attention to your LinkedIn profile
- Writing a compelling summary
- Adding your skills, experience, and education
- Growing your LinkedIn network
- Finding open job opportunities
- Learning with Lynda.com