Students: Learn how to use LinkedIn to start your career. Discover how to use the world's biggest professional network to find industry insights, internships, jobs, and valuable connections.
- [Oliver] Hi, I'm Oliver Schinkten, and thank you for joining me in this course in which we'll explore the LinkedIn platform from the perspective of a student. As a student, you're in an exciting chapter of your life. You're likely starting to plan out your career path, search for jobs, build a professional network, and become more knowledgeable about the industry that you're passionate in. If this is the case, you've come to the right place. LinkedIn is a powerful platform that can help you to achieve all of this. In this course, we'll take a look at how you can set up a great LinkedIn profile, helping you to build your personal brand and be discovered by others.
We'll take a look at the importance of a professional network and how you can begin building one right away. We'll explore ways in which you can create and share content, stay informed about the latest news and trends related to your professional interest, research different companies and industries, search and apply for jobs, and much more. Hopefully you're dreaming big and beginning to set your goals on how you can be successful. I'm confident that LinkedIn can help you to achieve these goals, and I'm excited to share some tips and strategies on how to utilize the platform.
Let's get started.
- Creating a LinkedIn profile
- Growing a professional network
- Following companies and influencers
- Sharing updates and articles
- Sending and receiving messages
- Searching for jobs
- Upgrading to LinkedIn Premium
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: LinkedIn Groups.