Learn how to use LinkedIn to grow your design business. Post your credentials, showcase your work, find jobs, and connect with colleagues and clients.
- [John] As a designer, it's important to set yourself apart. One of the ways you can do that is through your LinkedIn profile. Why LinkedIn? LinkedIn is the leading networking platform for professionals, with over 500 million active members. When someone does a search for you online, your LinkedIn profile will show up, so this is an invaluable place to optimize a key touchpoint for your professional profile and personal brand. Hi, I'm John Luu. I'm a designer and art director at Schlumberger, working in their in-house creative team and have been a graphic designer for over 15 years, working primarily in studio and agency environments in Houston, Texas.
In this course, I'll be walking you through some of the basics when it comes to LinkedIn. Like how to set up your profile, craft your headline and summary, and choose the best profile picture that conveys your professional uniqueness. Next, we'll look at how to show off your design skills inside your profile, where and how to upload images, videos, motion graphics and slide shares. We'll also go into the best ways to engage with others in your network. This course is intended for graphic designers, graphic artists, and other professionals in the communication design field, to effectively utilize the social networking platform.
LinkedIn is an invaluable tool for designers that helps them connect with and educate clients, vendors and partners. It provides a powerful platform to help designers burnish their personal brand.
- Crafting a great LinkedIn profile
- Integrating your portfolio
- Adding photos, videos, and slide decks to your profile
- Building your network
- Writing articles for LinkedIn
- Finding design jobs with ProFinder