LinkedIn helps veterans take the next step in their careers. Learn how to use LinkedIn to grow your network, learn new skills, and find job opportunities.
- View Offline
- During your military career, you had a very defined career path. You accepted an occupational specialty, earned rank, and with that, filled designated billets. Now as you transition out of the military, there are no designated billets. Instead, you have a whole wave of choices in front of you about what you want to do with your professional career. LinkedIn is here to help you make the right choices, and reach your full potential. My name is Greg Call, I'm the Veteran's Program Manager at LinkedIn, and I'm also a proud Marine and Afghan war veteran.
In this course, my mission is to give you a step by step guide on how to develop a great LinkedIn profile, and show you how having a strong presence on LinkedIn call help connect you to opportunity by building a professional network, professional skills, and professional civilian career. So how can LinkedIn help? First, we allow you to create a professional identity by telling your professional story through a digital LinkedIn profile. Second, we allow you to build your professional network by connecting you to the world's largest professional network, including more than two million military and veteran LinkedIn members.
Third, we allow you to build your career by connecting you to employers and recruiters with over five million job opportunities on LinkedIn. And fourth, we allow you to build your skills by connecting you to Lynda.com, our online learning platform, with four thousand business, creative, and technical courses. I'm honored and excited to lead you through this course. So head over to LinkedIn.com and sign up for free. Then we can get you started connecting you to opportunity.
Find out how to join LinkedIn and get special offers just for veterans at https://veterans.linkedin.com/.
- Drawing attention to your LinkedIn profile
- Writing a compelling summary
- Adding your skills, experience, and education
- Growing your LinkedIn network
- Finding open job opportunities
- Learning with Lynda.com