Rich media can take your LinkedIn profile to the next level, but many people overlook it. Learn how to add videos and more to your LinkedIn profile.
- [Instructor] Having rich media on your profile…is an easy way to stand out on LinkedIn.…Unfortunately, most people don't have it,…which is a wasted opportunity.…Rich media is a collective name for all sorts of platforms…with a multimedia angle, to spice up your profile.…Probably the easiest example is…adding a YouTube movie to your summary.…Let's see how to do that.…Go to youtube.com and find a clip you…want to add to your profile.…If you don't have it there yet,…start with uploading one first.…
So once you are on the right page at YouTube,…just copy the URL.…Go back to your LinkedIn profile and chose the me button.…And then the view profile and pencil.…Scroll down to your summary.…Choose the link to media,…and paste the URL.…Click on the add button.…Here you can change the title and abstract if you wish.…Finally, press apply and it will be added.…
So take a step back and have a look…at your organizations or your own YouTube channel.…Choose multimedia that you want to add to your profile…and repeat the previous couple of steps to add them.…
- Upgrading your professional LinkedIn headline
- Specifying your contact information
- Aligning your personal, professional, and corporate branding
- Using videos to stand out
- Presenting your results, not your résumé
- Enhancing your prior experience
- Using rich media to share your experience
- Publishing content on LinkedIn
- Making your education relevant in a changing economy
- Adding personal touches to your profile
- Maximizing key words
- Creating an action plan to update your profile
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with the Essentials
2. Your Contact Information
3. Your Summary
4. Your Experience
5. Create Your Own Brand
Publish content on LinkedIn3m 13s
6. Skills and Recommendations
7. Your Education
8. Make the Most of Your Personality
9. Extra Strategies to Stand Out
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.