Use rich media to tell your story. Learn why it is important and how you can incorporate presentations on SlideShare and content from other platforms.
- [Instructor] In order to shine a light on your experience,…you need to tell a powerfully visual story…through your profile using rich media.…In fact, there are a wealth of websites…that you can incorporate in your Linked In profile.…Before giving you the full overview,…it's good to really understand why this is important.…Let's start with a question first.…Why would people who click to visit your profile…spend more time on your profile compared to other profiles?…The answer is easy.…Most people don't read or don't have time to read,…so they're looking for visual clues.…
Of course, all the text in your profile is important…and will be picked up by search engines,…but when comparing two similar profiles, the one with…rich media will get more attention than the one without.…One of the first ways to add rich…media content is slide share.…To me, slide share is the Youtube for Powerpoint.…There is so much content on it…that you can never read it all.…One of the best kept secrets is that slide share…does an amazing job with being indexed…
- Upgrading your professional LinkedIn headline
- Specifying your contact information
- Aligning your personal, professional, and corporate branding
- Using videos to stand out
- Presenting your results, not your résumé
- Enhancing your prior experience
- Using rich media to share your experience
- Publishing content on LinkedIn
- Making your education relevant in a changing economy
- Adding personal touches to your profile
- Maximizing key words
- Creating an action plan to update your profile
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with the Essentials
2. Your Contact Information
3. Your Summary
4. Your Experience
5. Create Your Own Brand
Publish content on LinkedIn3m 13s
6. Skills and Recommendations
7. Your Education
8. Make the Most of Your Personality
9. Extra Strategies to Stand Out
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.