You can stand out on LinkedIn by crafting a catchy professional headline. Learn how to do this and why adding a personal touch is recommended.
- [Instructor] Your professional headline…is your most important piece…of your LinkedIn profile real estate,…together with your name and your profile picture.…Every action you take on LinkedIn…will show at least these three elements.…For most users, this influences them…to either click on your profile or not.…Let me ask you an easy question first.…Are you an average professional?…Now, before you really start to doubt yourself,…the answer should be no, of course not.…So why would you settle, then,…for a standard professional headline?…You shouldn't.…
A lot of LinkedIn members have chosen…for their professional headline…to be their title and the name of their company.…Account executive at ABC, HR director at DEF,…or CEO at XYZ.…Boring.…Classic, but boring.…Why would anyone choose to click on your profile…over that of others?…You don't necessarily have to follow my advice,…but only know that it works.…Let me show you my headlines and explain what happens next.…I have five items in my professional headline…that make me stand out.…
- Upgrading your professional LinkedIn headline
- Specifying your contact information
- Aligning your personal, professional, and corporate branding
- Using videos to stand out
- Presenting your results, not your résumé
- Enhancing your prior experience
- Using rich media to share your experience
- Publishing content on LinkedIn
- Making your education relevant in a changing economy
- Adding personal touches to your profile
- Maximizing key words
- Creating an action plan to update your profile
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with the Essentials
2. Your Contact Information
3. Your Summary
4. Your Experience
5. Create Your Own Brand
Publish content on LinkedIn3m 13s
6. Skills and Recommendations
7. Your Education
8. Make the Most of Your Personality
9. Extra Strategies to Stand Out
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.