As part of your targeting setup, you’ll need to find a sweet spot for your ideal audience size. Learn how to estimate the size of your target audience for your Sponsored InMail campaign. You don’t want to be too broad, but you also want to avoid being too narrow where your message doesn’t get traction.
- [Instructor] You'll likely set up different Sponsored InMail campaigns depending on your campaign goals and the target audience you'll want to reach. Now, as part of your targeting setup, you'll also need to find the sweet spot for your ideal audience size. You don't want to go too broad, but you'll also want to avoid being too narrow so your message doesn't get any traction. The more you experiment with targeting, the more you'll learn about your audience. Now, on the targeting setup screen, I've already added United States and so my estimated audience size here is over 100 million LinkedIn members and that's way too big of an audience for Sponsored InMail.
So I might want to come in and add a job title and some skills. Now, let's say I add marketing manager as a job title. You'll see that LinkedIn recommends additional job titles to expand my targeting so I'll add marketing coordinator, marketing assistant, as well as brand manager. Now, we've got this audience down to about 120,000 members. Same idea, very relevant titles, both inside my target audience, and now I've bumped my audience size up to 230,000 members.
Now, I can add more titles to increase the audience size or further refine if it's gotten too big. Now, I can refine this target audience even further by adding some skills. I'll go ahead and add SEO as a skill and you'll see that LinkedIn is recommending additional skills that I can add to my target audience. And as I'm adding more skills, this is also building up my audience counts. Now, additionally at the bottom of the screen, you'll notice an option for audience expansion.
With audience expansion, LinkedIn is ultimately going to find an audience that's similar to who you've targeted already but different. So this is a great way to expose an audience that hasn't seen your content yet and that's still similar to the targeting criteria you've set. Now that your message is created and your targeting is entered, as the next step, you'll need to enter your budget and bid. Now, make sure you size your audience so that you're able to scale your campaign and your reach and ensure that your message is tailored to your audience.
- What is Sponsored InMail?
- Setting up your campaign
- Crafting your message
- Adding your bid and budget
- Setting your campaign live
- Reporting on your campaign