Learn some extra tips for your LinkedIn profile that few people use, including mobile search and inserting special characters and upside down type. This video gives you another edge over your competitors.
- [Instructor] Let's talk about some extra strategies…for standing out on Linked In, including some…of my life-hacking tips and tricks.…As you know, life-hacking is about removing…frustrations from your life or finding extreme…efficiencies and effectiveness.…The first tip is about Linked In's mobile app.…Did you know that Linked In has nearly a dozen apps?…Linkedin.com is the one I'm talking about…in this video and more that 60% of Linked In…members are using the mobile app.…So, here are a couple of things…for you regarding the mobile app.…
First, the search history on your web version,…like the one you see here,…is shared with your app and vice versa.…Here's how I use this.…When I'm going into a meeting,…sometimes unexpected guests turn up.…While they are introducing themselves,…I look them up on my mobile.…After the meeting, I don't have to look them up again…because before typing in anything in the search box,…it will show my history including the name…and the link to the profile of the person I just met.…Very handy, especially with very difficult names.…
- Upgrading your professional LinkedIn headline
- Specifying your contact information
- Aligning your personal, professional, and corporate branding
- Using videos to stand out
- Presenting your results, not your résumé
- Enhancing your prior experience
- Using rich media to share your experience
- Publishing content on LinkedIn
- Making your education relevant in a changing economy
- Adding personal touches to your profile
- Maximizing key words
- Creating an action plan to update your profile
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with the Essentials
2. Your Contact Information
3. Your Summary
4. Your Experience
5. Create Your Own Brand
Publish content on LinkedIn3m 13s
6. Skills and Recommendations
7. Your Education
8. Make the Most of Your Personality
9. Extra Strategies to Stand Out
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.