Join Viveka von Rosen for an in-depth discussion in this video Sponsored InMail, part of LinkedIn Advertising Fundamentals.
- Another of the newer ad products is LinkedIn Sponsored InMail. Sponsored InMail allows you to send targeted messages directly to the people you want to, en masse, outside of your usual network. So you're able to create highly targeted messages to exactly the right audience. And these messages go right into their inbox. So while a traditional email campaign might be significantly less expensive, LinkedIn Sponsored InMail gives you access to over 350 million members, and sends your InMail right to their inboxes.
And LinkedIn InMail has a higher open rate, though LinkedIn has not yet shared those stats, than an ordinary email which is less than 20 percent. So the success of your sponsored InMail campaign is going to depend entirely on the content of your mail. If your InMail comes across as being overly spammy then not only will it get deleted but your company InMail may be flagged as spam. And enough flags and LinkedIn will limit your ability to send InMail even if you paid $25,000. But, if you write good InMail's, and you're going to want to check out Lynda's course on email marketing to find out how, you might find this a great use of your marketing dollars.
Again, it's part of the 25k club but, hey, if you're already a member... So what are some of the benefits of sponsored InMail? LinkedIn keeps sponsored InMail at the top of the inbox, which means that your message will get seen even if it doesn't get read. Also, LinkedIn guarantees 100% deliverability. And InMail works well both on desktop and mobile phones. And also, LinkedIn will only send one sponsored InMail every 60 days to your prospects inbox. So it won't be filled with junk.
Well, it won't be filled with sponsored InMail junk anyway. So your's is not going to get lost in the mix. As always, the more you can personalize the InMail the more likely that it will be to drive conversion. It's not yet clear how sponsored InMail will work it's way into Lead Accelerator, but I'm sure it will find it's place. And in the mean time it's a powerful marketing tool.
- Understanding LinkedIn ad options
- Budgeting strategies for Sponsored Updates
- Targeting text ads
- Targeting new audiences
- PPC vs. PPM big strategies
- Enterprise marketing with Sponsored Groups, Sponsored InMail, and Lead Accelerator