Join Aaron Quigley for an in-depth discussion in this video Share a course with your network, part of Gaining Skills with LinkedIn Learning.
- [Instructor] I strongly believe that the best learners are also the best teachers because they value sharing knowledge, and sharing knowledge, even opinions, is a great way to solidify your understanding of a topic because you're gonna start and participate in conversations around what you're learning and the skills that you're gaining. Now, LinkedIn Learning makes it very simple for you to share what it is that you're learning with your network. This is a chance to not only increase your visibility to potential new employers, but to also communicate to those around you the skills that you find valuable. Here I've just completed watching the How to Increase Learning Engagement course.
In the last video I showed you how to upload the certification of completion to your LinkedIn profile. At the same time, or even partway through, of course, I may want to share some of this knowledge with my network. To do that, let's go and click the Share on LinkedIn icon in the upper right hand corner. Here I can quickly create a LinkedIn post that has some information about the course, including who the author is, and I can choose to share with my network either publicly or only with my connections. I'm also gonna add an update to this. For example, I'm working on a DevLearn presentation, and some of the ideas I learned in this course will be absolutely perfect for that presentation.
If I'd like to, I can also choose to send this to specific individuals by typing their name, and I can even add a message to them, such as, be sure to check out chapter three, or, I thought of you when watching this course. I'm just gonna go ahead and share this particular update with my network publicly, and when I'm ready, I'm gonna go and click on the Share button so this particular update will go out to my entire network.
- Finding the right skills to learn
- Making a learning game plan
- Knowing your learning style
- Making learning stick
- Adding certificates to your profile
Skill Level Beginner
What was changed when the course was updated 02//09/2017?
Updates were made to the following topics: malleable intelligence, setting a learning goal, active vs. passive learning, and joining the online conversation.