Text ads are a great way to get your target audience to your website. This video covers how to set up your first text ad on LinkedIn.
- [Instructor] Text ads are a great way to get your target audience to your website. Here in Reg's LinkedIn homepage you can see examples of text ads across the top of the page and on the right hand side. To show you how to create a text ad let's navigate to Campaign Manager from the top navigation by clicking More then Post an ad and then into Manage Ads. If you already have an account set up you can add text ads to an existing account by clicking into it. While you can always add a new account to keep your campaigns separated having all ads under one account will make it easier to optimize your ads in one place.
On the top right corner, click Create campaign and click Create Text Ad campaign. Give your campaign a name that's easy to distinguish and choose a language for your campaign. You are selecting the language in which your target audience has their profile set to. Click Next to move forward to the next step. Here I'll show you how to build your text ad. The ad format requires very little creative assets just a logo, some text, and a landing page. Here you have the option to direct traffic from your ad to either your company page or your website. I'll select a company page.
Next you can upload a logo by clicking into a logo and hitting Open. Add a headline and a description for your text ad so you can see what it looks like in the preview. You can click into the Tall format, Horizontal, or Long. Once you're happy with your ad, simply click Save. I encourage you to test multiple versions of your ad so you can AB test and optimize the performance. You can click Create another ad and follow the same steps we just covered. Text ads are a great way to get started on LinkedIn if sponsored content is not an option for you or if you don't have the time to set up content calendars and you want to start advertising on LinkedIn right away.
- Posting organic content
- Creating a Company Page
- Using Campaign Manager
- Setting up an advertiser account
- Pursuing content marketing
- Getting started with Sponsored Content
- Setting up a Text Ads campaign
- Using Sponsored InMail
- Targeting audiences on LinkedIn
- Making bids, budgets, and schedules
- Setting up billing, payments, and coupon codes
- Reporting and measuring conversions