Creating a personal presence on LinkedIn is easy and can pay off big time. In this video, learn the fundamentals of creating a LinkedIn profile to make it approachable and discoverable.
- Creating a brand presence on LinkedIn is easy and can pay off big time. Let's take a look at how to set up your LinkedIn profile, publish content, and share updates with your network. Let's start on LinkedIn.com. To access the ads platform and products you'll need a Linkedin profile. You can create one on the landing page, as you see here. I'll login as a sample profile to illustrate how you can be more discoverable. Let's jump in and take a look at some of the best practices for building out your profile as Sally. To edit your profile, click update your profile on the left-hand-side. Your summary is the first thing people see when they look you up.
Be brief, clear, and personable. This is a great opportunity to highlight what your company does and why it's unique. Add a friendly, high-quality, professional looking photo of yourself and a background image that reflects your personality. Avoid selfies, cropped pictures, blurry pictures, or ones with bad lighting. Remember to add your experience, your title, a brief description of what you did, what you loved about it, and the value you brought to the team. Also add skills. You can find these in the add new profile section if you don't already have these in your profile.
Skills are important so people who look up your profile know what you specialize in and what your colleagues endorsed you for. Next, consider following relevant groups and companies that interest you. You'll see content from those you follow in your feed, and you can share these posts with your network. If your profile needs work, use the search bar at the top to find relevant profiles to use as reference. It may take a few iterations, but before you know it you'll have a superstar profile. To start building your network, connect with colleagues and friends, people you've met at conferences, and thought-leaders you admire, by using the search functionality in the top left corner.
As you build out your personal brand you'll also indirectly increase your brand visibility among your network. I encourage you to invest some time to explore LinkedIn and build out your LinkedIn profile.
- Posting organic content
- Creating a Company Page
- Using Campaign Manager
- Setting up an advertiser account
- Pursuing content marketing
- Getting started with Sponsored Content
- Setting up a Text Ads campaign
- Using Sponsored InMail
- Targeting audiences on LinkedIn
- Making bids, budgets, and schedules
- Setting up billing, payments, and coupon codes
- Reporting and measuring conversions