Use job alerts to stay up-to-date on new job posts that fit your search criteria.
- [Instructor] Using filters when doing a job search on LinkedIn allows you to narrow down the list of jobs with a certain set of criteria. In this example, I've done a job search for entry level positions in social media marketing for jobs that are in the Greater Los Angeles area. Now, this allows me to see all of the jobs currently listed that fit that criteria. But LinkedIn also allows me to set a job alert that will notify me of any jobs fitting this criteria that are posted in the future and it's really simple to do. Let's take a look at how to create a job alert.
Once I've entered in my search criteria and arrive at the page showing me all of the results, on the right hand side, I have the option for job alerts. And you can see here it says Create Search Alert. I'm going to go ahead and click on that. Here, it says Social Media Marketing in Greater Los Angeles Area and it's an entry level job. And I can decide how often I'd like to receive an alert. Would I like to receive that daily or weekly? In this case, I'll click on Daily. And then on the right, I can decide how I want to be notified.
I can be notified by email, as well as on LinkedIn through the mobile and desktop notifications. In this case, I'm going to keep both of those checked. And then I can go ahead and click Save. It will now notify me of any jobs that fit this criteria. So, when performing a job search on LinkedIn, it's usually a good idea to set up one of these job alerts in order to be notified of any new jobs posted that you may be interested in applying for.
- Creating a LinkedIn profile
- Growing a professional network
- Following companies and influencers
- Sharing updates and articles
- Sending and receiving messages
- Searching for jobs
- Upgrading to LinkedIn Premium
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: LinkedIn Groups.