Job alerts will help you stay updated and informed when new job opportunities arise. In this video, learn about how to set customized job alerts on LinkedIn.
- [Instructor] Whenever you do a job search on LinkedIn and use filters to set specific parameters, that job search will be saved, which is very convenient. Right now I'm inside of Maria's account, and I'm going to go up to the jobs tab. And this is the page where we can search for jobs. Now you'll see below this that there's a section titled job searches. Here I can see any searches that I've already completed. So in other words we had the social media marketing one, where we put in entry level and Los Angeles, and then you can see a green number here. That green number is indicating that there are new job posts in there since last time I viewed it. I'm going to go ahead and click on one of my searches. When I do it, it brings up the same thing we saw when we originally did the search, it'll bring up the jobs on the left hand side, and I can click on those and read more about them. But up at the top, notice here that it says job alert off. I'm going to turn that job alert on. What this does is makes it so that LinkedIn will notify you when any new jobs appear within that search parameter. You can decide how often you want to be alerted, first of all, daily or weekly. In this case I'm looking for a job so I want to put that as daily. Below that, you can get notified in different ways. You want to be notified by email, and this is the email you have connected to your LinkedIn account, would you like to be notified by notifies within LinkedIn, or email and notifications. In this case, I'm going to put email and notifications. I'll go ahead and click on save. And I've now saved that job alert. So if I navigate back to the job section, you'll notice over here on the far right, we have this tab that says manage alerts. If I click on that, it's telling me here any job alerts that I have. So here's that social media marketing one that I want to be alerted on, and then on the right at any time I can edit that if I want to change the frequency or how I'm notified, and I can also click to delete that if I want to. So take advantage of this. When you do a customized job search, turn on these alerts in order to receive notifications when new opportunities arise, giving you the chance to take action right away.
- Creating a LinkedIn profile
- Growing a professional network
- Following companies and influencers
- Sharing updates and content
- Sending and receiving messages
- Searching for jobs
- Upgrading to LinkedIn Premium
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: LinkedIn Groups.