Having skills and endorsements on your profile can be important. Learn how to decide which skills you should feature to get the most endorsements.
- [Narrator] Ralph Waldo Emerson said it well, when he…said, "Every artist was first an amateur."…Everyone has to learn.…Everyone will have to continuously learn.…So, lifelong learning is the new normal.…People also don't listen and take your word for it anymore.…So, having social proof of the skills you have under your…belt becomes paramount.…That is why it is important to mention these skills on your…LinkedIn profile.…Now, make no mistake, a lot of people just throw in any kind…of skills here.…Let's talk about how to properly use your skills and…endorsements on your profile.…
Start by leaving some out.…That's right, some skills don't belong on the list.…Here's an example for you, languages.…It's great to speak several languages, but there is a…separate element in your profile for languages, so use that…one.…Focus on your skills that are real.…For example, what is the added value of having online…dating or fire breathing on your LinkedIn profile?…Yes, these examples are real.…You would not believe what kind of skills people have on…
- Upgrading your professional LinkedIn headline
- Specifying your contact information
- Aligning your personal, professional, and corporate branding
- Using videos to stand out
- Presenting your results, not your résumé
- Enhancing your prior experience
- Using rich media to share your experience
- Publishing content on LinkedIn
- Making your education relevant in a changing economy
- Adding personal touches to your profile
- Maximizing key words
- Creating an action plan to update your profile
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with the Essentials
2. Your Contact Information
3. Your Summary
4. Your Experience
5. Create Your Own Brand
Publish content on LinkedIn3m 13s
6. Skills and Recommendations
7. Your Education
8. Make the Most of Your Personality
9. Extra Strategies to Stand Out
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.