Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Seding out group announcements, part of Up and Running with LinkedIn.
- View Offline
- Occasionally you may want to send out a group announcement through the groups feature on LinkedIn and you might not want to do that through the discussion threads. So in order to do that, what you're going to do is go to the Manage section of the group page. Once you're on the Manage section, you can go down to something called, "Send an Announcement." On the Send an Announcement Page, you will see that you will be able to send an announcement to all of your members who are currently accepting notifications from this group. You may send up to one announcement per week. Sending an announcement sends an e-mail as well as posts the announcement as a discussion. It tells you here that for groups over 100,000 members this process may take up to a minute.
For additional troubleshooting, please refer to this article, and it gives you a link. Basically this is a way of mass e-mailing everybody in the group. You can choose the predetermined subject line or you can erase it and put your own. So I could say something like, "Company Picnic Schedule Change." And say something like, "Hey everyone, we're starting the picnic at noon instead of 1:00 PM Pacific Time.
Please adjust your schedules accordingly." Then all I have to do is send a test e-mail if I want. That'll come to my e-mail address or I can simply send the announcement. And what that's going to do is then send that out to all of the group members and I'll get a confirmation message at the top that says, "Your announcement has been e-mailed and posted as a discussion." If I go to the discussions tab, if anything is going on in that discussion, I can see it. If not, I can click on Recent and that will show me everything that's going on.
So I can see things like the Company Picnic Schedule Change, the Welcome to the Group thread, everything that's been going on. The Popular thread is only going to show things that have activity. So as people like or comment on those threads they will show up in the Popular section. But to see all of them, you have to click on Recent. And so there's the one that I sent. And also those people should be receiving that in their inbox as well, making it easier for them to get that notification and participate in that discussion.
- What makes a LinkedIn profile stand out?
- Adding work experience and education to your profile
- Finding and adding contacts
- Sending messages
- Sharing status updates and content from the web
- Asking for, and providing, recommendations
- Interacting with companies
- Finding a job on LinkedIn
- Starting and growing a group
- Managing your account