Visual content is what makes content go viral. Irina Skripnik shares best practices for making your content media rich, including images that resonate and making content mobile friendly.
- [Instructor] You've likely heard this time and time again, but visually engaging content is much more likely to get shared than nonvisual content. It's one of the easiest and most effective ways to engage your target audience, but wrong imagery can alienate the people that you're trying to engage. In the world in which people are craving authenticity, give it to them in the form of real photos. Skip the stock photography if you can. Use your understanding of your target audience and instead select images that will resonate well with them. Once you have an image in mind, make sure it's a high-resolution photo.
Images that are too small and blurry are just as bad as no image at all. Reference LinkedIn's ad specs for the latest sizing. From there, use your company to compliment your image and keep introduction text concise, under about 100 characters. Also, don't forget that we're in the mobile world, so be mobile-friendly and make sure the imagery you select will resonate in a smaller form factor. I know we've talked a lot about images, but consider incorporating video into your content marketing as well. As you get started, identify which content is resonating and incorporate more visual formats, such a infographics and SlideShare decks.
Simply put, if you don't tap into your audience's visual side, then you're missing huge opportunities to connect. Visual language aids in decision-making, it's more persuasive, and leaves a much, much better impression than simple text.
- Discovering content you already have
- Developing new content
- Promoting content through your employees
- Creating a campaign
- Navigating the Campaign Manager ads platform
- Creating a new Sponsored Update campaign
- Creating a new Lead Gen Form campaign
- Setting a budget and schedule for your campaign
- Adding conversion tracking to a campaign
- Campaign reporting
- Optimizing your campaign
- Rich media and targeting best practices