Learn about how to access click demographics in Campaign Manager. Irina Skripnik explores the demographics tab where you can sort clicks according to job titles, job seniority, job function, company size, location, and country.
- [Instructor] As you go about optimizing your sponsored content campaigns, it might be helpful to understand the type of people that are interacting with the various campaigns. Accessing click demographics within Campaign Manager interface can inform your optimization decisions. Now, if I select Demographics, I'm going to see the variant demographic areas. For example, Job Title, Job Seniority, Job Function, Company Size, Location, as well as Country. Within this, you're going to notice that LinkedIn's showing us the categories that have impressions, clicks, CTR, as well as conversion rate if you have conversion tracking set up.
Now, LinkedIn's not going to show categories that have too few clicks, so you're not going to see industries that are below a certain threshold. This data is not only available at your aggregate view at an account level, but, as we saw earlier, you can also scroll down and click into your account, and also be able to see the campaign demographics breakdown for your specific campaign. Ad campaign level is where demographic reporting gets a lot more useful, especially if you're running multiple ads. Now we can understand the actual audience that interacted with the campaigns and get the actual audience that was targeted.
This is another great way to understand some of these sub-elements that maybe we didn't target. Now, if we weren't specific in our location, let's say we served the ads to the entire United States, you can see who engaged at a more granular level by selecting Location and seeing which geographic areas you can optimize your content for. That might be a meaningful audience for you to target even more specifically with a tailored piece of content. So, use this demographics as a way to understand who's interacting with your content and then optimize your ads.
- Discovering content you already have
- Developing new content
- Promoting content through your employees
- Creating a campaign
- Navigating the Campaign Manager ads platform
- Creating a new Sponsored Update campaign
- Creating a new Lead Gen Form campaign
- Setting a budget and schedule for your campaign
- Adding conversion tracking to a campaign
- Campaign reporting
- Optimizing your campaign
- Rich media and targeting best practices