There at a few important settings you should be aware of when you start using Sales Navigator. In this video, we'll see how to get to those settings and we'll identify a few of the most important options.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] After you get started with Sales Navigator, you should take a few minutes to get familiar with the settings. The Settings screen is particularly useful when you need to change or update some of the information that you provided in the initial on-boarding process. If your sales position has changed slightly or you have a new territory or you're targeting new industries, you may need to revisit those settings. All you need to do is hover over your profile photo in the top right corner and then go down to Settings, and that will open up the Settings page.
From here you'll be able to modify your sales preferences right here towards the middle of the page. You have the option to remove or add regions, industries, functions, and seniority level. So let's say, for example, I wanted to add a new sales region. I could go to the category that says Geographies, click on the Search field, and let's say I wanted to add New York, so I could just start typing and it'll give me a list, and I can keep typing to further sort that down. When I find what I want, I just hit the plus button, and that will be added.
In any of these categories if you want to remove something, just click on the button with the check mark and that will be deselected. So let me actually add New York, and I need to make sure I hit Done. And the other categories work the same way. If you want to remove something that's already on this list, you can just hit the button with the check mark, it will be removed, and it'll be updated when you leave the Settings page. Clearly, these are not all of the options that we saw during the on-boarding process, but as we saw before, you can always redo the on-boarding process any time.
Now at the bottom of the Settings screen there are email settings. By default, Sales Navigator will send you a periodic email message with account and lead updates. The updates in these email messages are very similar to what you see in your news feed on the Sales Navigator home page, so you may or may not want to receive those messages. Back up at the top of the screen you can see a category labeled InMail messages, and it shows me how many InMail messages I currently have available.
InMail messages are how you can contact people that you're not connected with, and you have a limited allotment of InMail messages that you can send each month. As soon as I start sending InMail messages, this number will change, showing me how many I have left for the month. Of course we'll be talking much more about InMail later in the course. So those are just a few of the options here, and the really important settings that you should be aware of as you start working with Sales Navigator.
- Setting up Sales Navigator
- Finding new leads with Lead Builder
- Saving Lead Builder searches
- Using updates and suggestions
- Viewing LinkedIn profiles
- Making introductions via shared connections
- Using InMail to reach contacts
- Using the Sale Navigator mobile app