Learn how to formulate your own exclusive brand and become a thought leader on on LinkedIn. Pulse and other channels are a great way to share your content and make new connections.
- [Instructor] LinkedIn is one of the most…underutilized publishing platforms online…and knowing how to use it correctly…can take you across the globe and into the newsfeeds…of hundreds of millions of people,…many of whom could be industry peers,…prospects or customers.…LinkedIn's publishing platform is free to use…and can be customized to your interests.…You can use it to see what your peers are reading,…learn from LinkedIn influences,…or stay on top of your industry's news…to share ideas on the job.…You can also be notified when your connections…are in the news, but the main value…is in building your brand through the articles you publish.…
To contribute, start by clicking on…Publish an Article on your homepage.…You can add a cover photo that captures peoples' attention.…Add a smart headline, and then begin writing.…The classic markup tools like bold,…italic and underline are present as well.…And, posts that include a link…increase the engagement by 200 percent.…That figure even goes up when adding visuals or video.…
- Upgrading your professional LinkedIn headline
- Specifying your contact information
- Aligning your personal, professional, and corporate branding
- Using videos to stand out
- Presenting your results, not your résumé
- Enhancing your prior experience
- Using rich media to share your experience
- Publishing content on LinkedIn
- Making your education relevant in a changing economy
- Adding personal touches to your profile
- Maximizing key words
- Creating an action plan to update your profile
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with the Essentials
2. Your Contact Information
3. Your Summary
4. Your Experience
5. Create Your Own Brand
Publish content on LinkedIn3m 13s
6. Skills and Recommendations
7. Your Education
8. Make the Most of Your Personality
9. Extra Strategies to Stand Out
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.