A successful content strategy depends on a campaign with a regular cadence. Learn how many Sponsored Content ads should run at the same time, and best practices for structuring your campaigns.
- [Instructor] Even with great content, a content strategy can be only successful if the campaigns are running at a regular cadence. A good practice is to keep two to four Sponsored Content ads live at all times. That way, you can appeal both to members who are in the evaluation stage and still interested into that level of content, as well as those that are closer to a purchase decision. Develop a cadence that is built around promoting content throughout the buyer's journey. Now, prioritize quality posts, such as useful insights, recommendations, as well as those that are backed by data, case studies, and industry reports.
In terms of quantity, keep it light. You only need to post three to five times a week, so really invest that quality over quantity. And if that still feels like a lot of content, just focus on making sure your content resonates with your target audience and that you rotate your creatives when you begin to see performance diminish due to ads fatigue. Now, as a general best practice, target each campaign to unique audience and name your campaign accordingly for easy identification as you continue to build more and more campaigns. For example, if you're promoting an ebook, you may have one campaign that's primarily targeting is through industries, whereas another campaign primary targeting is to certain groups.
Now, ideally, each campaign should have two to four posts in a minimum. LinkedIn ad's platform is then going to automatically optimize your campaigns to show top-performing posts. Let your campaigns run for at least three weeks, allowing campaigns time to gain clicks and engagement. That can help your content appear in the member's feed often. Lastly, pause and replace low-performing ads. Your cadence and campaign structure will evolve as your audience and content does, so revisit it weekly, and fine-tune as necessary.
- Discovering content you already have
- Developing new content
- Promoting content through your employees
- Creating a campaign
- Navigating the Campaign Manager ads platform
- Creating a new Sponsored Update campaign
- Creating a new Lead Gen Form campaign
- Setting a budget and schedule for your campaign
- Adding conversion tracking to a campaign
- Campaign reporting
- Optimizing your campaign
- Rich media and targeting best practices