As a marketer, increasing your brand's visibility is likely top of mind for you, and on LinkedIn, the best way you can do that is with your content. In this video, discover how to create and share both short form and long form content.
- As a marketer, increasing your brands visibility is likely top of mind for you, and on LinkedIn, the best way you can do that is with content. This includes the content you write and the content you share with your network. Let's start on LinkedIn.com where I can show you a quick view sample of posting content in LinkedIn using Marcus as an example. Here you'll see an example of a post in the news feed. Every post has the option for the user to Like, Comment and Share. By clicking Share, you can engage with your network without needing to create new content. To post new content, let's move to the top of the page.
Once you're ready, paste a link to an article or video into the text box. You can also add a short description to give users a reason to watch. If you change your mind about the content, you can always X out before you post. To share an image or an infographic, click on the camera icon and select your picture. After you upload an image, include a headline. Now you have a few different options to choose from on who gets to see your post. Consider choosing an option that will give your brand the maximum exposure.
When you create or share content that's engaging, interesting and useful, what'll happen is your connections will engage and over time you'll gain followers. A different way to engage on LinkedIn is to use the LinkedIn publishing platform. Let's close out the sample post and take a look at how to post an article. Nearly two million unique writers publish more than 130,000 articles each week. I encourage you to search some of your favorite thought leaders and see the articles that they've published. For example, if I search for Jeff Weiner, so now we're in Jeff's profile.
Let's scroll down. You'll notice that he's published over 30 posts. I encourage you to read through some of these posts. Publishing on LinkedIn is a great way to establish your voice for your brand. I like to think of it as publishing with a purpose. Long form articles are search optimized which means people who look you up on search will see the content that you've posted on LinkedIn. Once you're ready to publish, let's go back to your LinkedIn feed. At the top of the feed, you'll see an option to write an article which will open a new tab and take you to the LinkedIn publishing platform.
Drafting and publishing your article is easy and straightforward, but for best practices, I encourage you to click more to the top navigation, and visit the Help Center. Here you'll find useful tips for writing content, managing comments, analytics tagging and channels and other useful tips. Remember to create content that's original, genuine and personable. Tell a story and write as an expert of your field. Avoid content that sales at your promotional. I'm confident that you can find your voice for you and your brand. To help you get started with content marketing, I've provided an entertaining piece in the exercise files called Astonishing Tales of Content Marketing.
I hope you enjoy the read as much as I did.
- Posting organic content
- Creating a Company Page
- Using Campaign Manager
- Setting up an advertiser account
- Pursuing content marketing
- Getting started with Sponsored Content
- Setting up a Text Ads campaign
- Using Sponsored InMail
- Targeting audiences on LinkedIn
- Making bids, budgets, and schedules
- Setting up billing, payments, and coupon codes
- Reporting and measuring conversions