Join Alex Rynne for an in-depth discussion in this video Optimizing your profile, part of Marketing on LinkedIn: The Sophisticated Marketer's Guide.
- [Instructor] One of the first steps many members take when receiving content like a message shown here from a company or another member is clicking through to the personal profile. Take this example of receiving an email from Sally. Whether someone is searching for people, jobs, companies, or groups, we provide the most relevant results based on your professional identity, your network, and how the people in your network engage with LinkedIn. If your company and its employees have optimized their profiles you could gain an advantage when prospective customers are searching for companies, products, and services like yours. As a marketer, you can use LinkedIn for networking and to further your profession. Whether you're actively seeking a new position, or maximizing the job you are already in. An optimized profile can boost the visibility of your company and its content in the search results both on and off the network. Search engines like Google scour pages and URLs for keywords and LinkedIn profiles that offer many opportunities to embed keywords. Let's take a look at a marketer's profile done right. Katie Martell is a marketing consultant who has added the right amount of punch to her profile. She wrote a profile headline that's instantly recognizable. Katie Martell touts the fact that she is a quote on quote unapologetic marketing truth-teller. You'll want to use this space to sum up your specialty and support the professional brand you're cultivating. Keep in mind that you want to craft a profile summary that supports your objectives. Think of the summary as your elevator pitch and use it to describe your professional purpose. Be sure to create a seamless discovery experience for those viewing your profile. What I mean by that is you're scrolling down her profile, you'll notice that Katie does a great job of telling her story through all the components of the page. Use rich media including your presentations, videos you helped create, web pages you authored, and campaigns that you helped design as your professional proof. Katie's profile has helped her reach her ideal community on LinkedIn. Here's something that she actually shared with us, and I quote, "With nearly 100,000 followers now on LinkedIn, "it's become an effective way for me to broaden awareness "of issues I'm passionate about. "As a freelance marketing consultant, "it's great for new business, and as a speaker, "it's great for securing opportunities." Remember to customize profile headline, create a profile summary that supports objectives, and shape performance among target audiences. Implement these tips, and you'll be well on your way to boast an all-star profile.
- Reaching an audience on LinkedIn
- Using the organic marketing tools
- Using the paid marketing tools
- Leveraging brand awareness tools
- Creating a campaign
- Targeting members
- Measuring results in Campaign Manager