Check out additional career development and branding courses, and stay in touch with the author via LinkedIn.
- [Instructor] Thank you for joining me in this course in which we explored LinkedIn from the perspective of a student. Hopefully the course helped you to gain confidence in the LinkedIn platform, so that you can create a great profile that will get you recognized, begin building a dynamic professional network, improve your digital footprint, research industries and companies, find and apply for jobs, and a whole lot more. I suggest that you get started by putting some of the things that you've learned into practice right away. I challenge you to start out by creating a great profile, connecting with people, and beginning to build a strong network, following some companies and influencers, sharing some content with your network, searching for potential jobs, and familiarizing yourself with the platform.
If you get stuck along the way or want to learn about some of the other features on LinkedIn, take advantage of their help center, which is full of great information and guidance. You can access it by navigating up to the top where you see your profile picture. And if I click here from the drop-down, you can click on help center. Here, you can type in and search for any of the categories or use the guided search on the left hand side. Also, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn. And if there's anything I can help you with, please let me know. I'm Oliver Schinkten and until next time, good luck and have a great day.
- Creating a LinkedIn profile
- Growing a professional network
- Following companies and influencers
- Sharing updates and articles
- Sending and receiving messages
- Searching for jobs
- Upgrading to LinkedIn Premium
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: LinkedIn Groups.