Before getting started with Sponsored InMail, learn how to navigate LinkedIn's Campaign Manager to manage all aspects of your campaigns, including setting up your message, targeting, and budget. Irina Skripnik shows you how to navigate to your Campaign Manager dashboard using the direct URL (linkedin.com/ads), or through your LinkedIn profile.
- [Instructor] As with other paid advertising platforms, you're in a sense building an advertisement, setting up your target audience, setting your campaign live and then evaluating the effectiveness of your message. Just think of Sponsored InMail as just another ad placement on LinkedIn just inside the Members Inbox. First, you'll need to navigate to the Campaign Manager to get started. This will be your hub for setting up your campaigns, creative, targeting, budget, and managing your LinkedIn advertising campaigns. Now, there's a couple of different ways to get there. First is directly from LinkedIn.com, in the top navigation click into Advertise.
Click into Create Ad, and you'll arrive at your account overview page. Now there's an alternative way to get here, which is a direct link, LinkedIn.com/ads. Consider bookmarking this link for easier access. Either route will get you to the Campaign Manager homepage where you can kick off and start managing your campaigns. Now, before getting started, you either need to add a new account or select an existing account to create Sponsored InMail. So you can can create Sponsored InMail under your personal account or under a company page.
So I'll go ahead and click into a company page and go to Create a New Campaign. You have a few different product selection options here including Sponsored Content, Text Ads, and Sponsored InMail. We'll move forward with creating Sponsored InMail campaign. Now at the top, give your campaign a name that's easy to distinguish. For example, Events 2017 Spring, and then the target audience that you're going after, for example Director Plus in IT.
Next, select the audience language. Now this is the language in which your audience has their profile set to and the language that you will have your Sponsored InMail drafted in. Next, you can set up conversion tracking if that's something you'd like to do. You can save the campaign as a draft or you can move forward to the next step. So, take a minute to explore the Campaign Manager platform and get familiar with where everything is.
- What is Sponsored InMail?
- Setting up your campaign
- Crafting your message
- Adding your bid and budget
- Setting your campaign live
- Reporting on your campaign