Learn how to enhance your Sponsored InMail campaign with a branding element and a customized call to action. In this tutorial Irina Skripnik, Senior Product Marketing Manager guides you through the step-by-step creative setup process and shares high level best practices to create impactful messages.
- [Instructor] Let's explore how and where we'll set up the image banner and calls-to-actions for your sponsored in-mail. This step comes after you've started creating your campaign, selected your sensor, and drafted your message. Start by typing in or pasting the link for your call-to-action button in the text box below the landing page URL. As a reminder don't forget to add unique click trackers if you're using them to track website traffic, clicks, and conversions. Next enter the text you'd like the button to say under the button text.
You'll see a preview here of the text you're entering. Some examples may be register, RSVP, download, or even I'm interested. As a final step click on the photo icon to upload a rectangle image banner that has 300 by 250 pixel dimensions. Here's what it looks like when all fields are filled out and a photo has been selected. If you do not wish to include a banner, ads from other advertisers may appear in that slot. If you don't have a banner ad, as an alternative consider using a stock photo or a product screenshot.
On the right-hand side there's some tips and best practices to help guide you along as well as a link to sponsored in-mail examples. Once you've completed this creative step you can scroll down to the bottom of the page and click next to move forward to the targeting audience setup or you can click save draft to save your progress that you've made so far and you can access this campaign and this creative in the future. Save as draft option's especially useful if you're waiting for a sender approval. After you click next you will see a page with all your messages that are set up under this campaign.
Here I have only one message. Near the bottom-left of the page above the cancel button you'll see three icons. The pencil will allow you to go back and edit your campaigns. The box with a plus icon will duplicate this message so you can easily set up an AB test and test different message versions. And then the message icon is very important, it allows you to send a preview to yourself so you can catch any changes that need to be made before the campaign goes live. Once you're ready to move forward click next on the bottom right-hand corner. And as a best practice remember to check your test on both desktop and mobile so you can see what your target audience will see and make any changes necessary.
- What is Sponsored InMail?
- Setting up and managing your campaign
- Crafting your message
- Adding your bid and budget, and setting your campaign live
- Reporting on your campaign