Your education is an important part of your LinkedIn profile. Learn what to include and the types of educational details that are necessary to maintain relevance.
- [Teacher] When you look at people's…LinkedIn profiles, most of them…have little information about their education.…When I bring this up during a training course,…people are most often surprised…by the impact it really has.…And yes, more impact rather than less.…So what am I talking about?…In general when people are updating…their LinkedIn profile, they are…just filling out the bare minimum…when it comes to their education,…but there's so much more you can do with it.…Go to your profile and scroll down to education.…And click on the plus sign to start adding it.…
The first element is about your school.…Just start typing the name of your school…college or university.…It should come up in the list,…and then click on it.…If it doesn't appear in the list,…it is because you are the first one to mention it…or maybe your school has changed names…in the meantime.…Continue with your degree.…Same thing here.…Just start typing your degree,…and LinkedIn will autofill it.…Again, if it's not there yet, add a new entry.…The next field is your field of study.…
- Upgrading your professional LinkedIn headline
- Specifying your contact information
- Aligning your personal, professional, and corporate branding
- Using videos to stand out
- Presenting your results, not your résumé
- Enhancing your prior experience
- Using rich media to share your experience
- Publishing content on LinkedIn
- Making your education relevant in a changing economy
- Adding personal touches to your profile
- Maximizing key words
- Creating an action plan to update your profile
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with the Essentials
2. Your Contact Information
3. Your Summary
4. Your Experience
5. Create Your Own Brand
Publish content on LinkedIn3m 13s
6. Skills and Recommendations
7. Your Education
8. Make the Most of Your Personality
9. Extra Strategies to Stand Out
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.