Draw extra attention to your LinkedIn profile through unique, professional honors. Learn how to add awards, patents, and other accomplishments to your profile.
- [Instructor] The whole point of your LinkedIn profile…is to show people what a unique…and valuable individual you really are.…So, LinkedIn has a section for highlighting…the extra mile you've gone,…and the special things you've done that make you stand…out from your peers.…Including these honors in your profile is every bit…as important as listing your experience and skills,…because these are the hard proof that say,…this individual is truly accomplished,…and worth getting to know better.…To start, you want to list any awards you've received.…
Only list ones that are relevant to your field of expertise,…or that help people understand the level…of competency you bring.…You may be able to play table tennis like Forrest Gump,…but if you're a nurse practitioner,…it's not that relevant.…There is another section on LinkedIn…for listing hobbies and interests.…If you haven't received any awards of note,…it's better to leave this section blank.…This is especially true for younger people…who may have been on the receiving end of many awards.…
- Upgrading your professional LinkedIn headline
- Specifying your contact information
- Aligning your personal, professional, and corporate branding
- Using videos to stand out
- Presenting your results, not your résumé
- Enhancing your prior experience
- Using rich media to share your experience
- Publishing content on LinkedIn
- Making your education relevant in a changing economy
- Adding personal touches to your profile
- Maximizing key words
- Creating an action plan to update your profile
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with the Essentials
2. Your Contact Information
3. Your Summary
4. Your Experience
5. Create Your Own Brand
Publish content on LinkedIn3m 13s
6. Skills and Recommendations
7. Your Education
8. Make the Most of Your Personality
9. Extra Strategies to Stand Out
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.