Draw extra attention to your LinkedIn profile through unique, professional honors. Learn how to add awards, patents, and other accomplishments to your profile.
- [Instructor] The whole point of your LinkedIn profile…is to show people what a unique…and valuable individual you really are.…So, LinkedIn has a section for highlighting…the extra mile you've gone,…and the special things you've done that make you stand…out from your peers.…Including these honors in your profile is every bit…as important as listing your experience and skills,…because these are the hard proof that say,…this individual is truly accomplished,…and worth getting to know better.…To start, you want to list any awards you've received.…
Only list ones that are relevant to your field of expertise,…or that help people understand the level…of competency you bring.…You may be able to play table tennis like Forrest Gump,…but if you're a nurse practitioner,…it's not that relevant.…There is another section on LinkedIn…for listing hobbies and interests.…If you haven't received any awards of note,…it's better to leave this section blank.…This is especially true for younger people…who may have been on the receiving end of many awards.…
- Identify strategies to make your profile more easily discovered.
- Recognize the characteristics of an effective profile picture.
- Determine the best structure and content for a profile headline.
- Explain the main objective of a profile summary.
- Recall two elements of a LinkedIn profile that will increase the likelihood that people will find you in searches and follow with the next step.
- Recognize the types of information LinkedIn can facilitate within the education section.
- Identify the best way to keep your LinkedIn profile up-to-date and complete.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with the Essentials
2. Your Contact Information
3. Your Summary
4. Your Experience
5. Create Your Own Brand
Publish content on LinkedIn3m 13s
6. Skills and Recommendations
7. Your Education
8. Make the Most of Your Personality
9. Extra Strategies to Stand Out
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.