Join Aaron Quigley for an in-depth discussion in this video Make a learning game plan, part of Gaining Skills with LinkedIn Learning.
- [Narrator] The more we learn, the more we can achieve and finding some content today is a great start in gaining new skills in either business, creative, or technology. But, the knowledge that we gain and the skills that we have are constantly changing and advancing. LinkedIn Learning is weekly publishing new courses and with a solid learning game plan you can not only seek new skills but you can also stay sharp in your current skills. So let's explore how to use LinkedIn Learning to manage your current and future learning. So here in my web browser, I've started watching a course and this is a course that's not necessarily part of gaining a new skill for career, but just something I want to learn as a hobby and that's photography.
This particular course is on using flash and taking photos at night or in low-light settings. Since I've started watching the course, when I come back to my customized learning page, I can see that I have an opportunity to simply continue watching the course and I can simply click the Watch now button to jump right to that course and right to the video that I was currently on. However, as I've been looking at other courses in my recommended playlist, there might be courses that I'm interested in watching, but I don't want to watch them today, such as this Project Management Fundamentals course. In that case, I'm gonna go ahead and select this small bookmark icon so that I can save this course for later.
As I scroll back up the page, let's go and click on the saved courses section. In here, I can see all the courses that I've selected to watch later. This way, as you log in to LinkedIn Learning and you're seeing new courses recommended to you, you can choose to select those courses so you don't forget about them but remember to come back and watch them at a later date. In addition to this, I can also look at my learning history of courses I've watched in the past and even take a look at the courses I have currently in progress, in case I'm watching more than one course at a time I can simply jump to the right course and continue learning.
- Finding the right skills to learn
- Making a learning game plan
- Knowing your learning style
- Making learning stick
- Adding certificates to your profile
Skill Level Beginner
What was changed when the course was updated 02//09/2017?
Updates were made to the following topics: malleable intelligence, setting a learning goal, active vs. passive learning, and joining the online conversation.