Are you on your cell phone all the time? You're not the only one. If you're a fan of using your mobile device on the go, this video will show you how to get connected to key resources on your devices. We'll discuss apps like Voyager, Lynda.com and LinkedIn Job Search so you can continue on your professional journey no matter where you are.
- We recognize that most of you spend the majority of your day on your smartphones. Additionally, LinkedIn's home page might not be accessible from government computers. Therefore, we make it easy for you to connect with opportunity with our LinkedIn mobile apps. There are three must have apps. LinkedIn, LinkedIn Job Search, and Lynda. Simply do a search for these on your smartphone's app store and download them free of charge. The LinkedIn mobile app is focused on easily allowing you to connect with your professional network and professional content.
There are five main sections. Home, Me, Messaging, My Network, and Search. This app is really just a scaled down version of the LinkedIn website. The Home tab allows you to share updates or photos, and review updates and posts by LinkedIn members. Me provides you access to your profile, shows you who viewed your profile, and gives you notifications. Messaging gives you a quick way to reach out to other LinkedIn members. My Network provides updates solely from your professional network and shows you other people you may know that are on LinkedIn, while Search is a simple way to look up other LinkedIn members on your phone.
Often times, you'll meet another professional contact but you're not at your laptop. Just look them up on your phone and immediately connect with them. LinkedIn Job Search makes the job search an easier on-the-go process. Upon opening the app, you'll be asked for a description of what type of job or company you're looking for and where. Just type in your preferences and click Search. Jobs that fit that description will appear on the screen. You can then create a job alert to receive a daily notification of any new jobs that become available.
Additionally, you can review all the job opportunities and apply or save them, right from your phone. The Discover tab will show you other potential opportunities that are currently available based on your initial search. Track stores every job you've viewed, saved, or applied to, in one place. Notifications will show you all the alerts that you have received based on your activity. The Lynda app is an outstanding way to learn skills anytime, anywhere. After you have logged into the app, you will see My Playlists, with the courses that you are currently taking or have taken.
Also, you will see Suggested Courses for recommended courses based on your profile and activity. Then you can also review New courses to see the latest and greatest of Lynda content. Finally, you can browse the library to review the over 4,000 courses that Lynda offers in its catalog. If you want to get back to the home screen, just click on the bars on the top left corner of the screen, or do a quick right-swipe to open the Welcome tab and select Home. These three apps will be great additions to your smartphone and will allow you to always have access to opportunity.
Take a few minutes to download all three apps, so you can use them anytime, anywhere.
Find out how to join LinkedIn and get special offers just for veterans at https://veterans.linkedin.com/.
- Drawing attention to your LinkedIn profile
- Writing a compelling summary
- Adding your skills, experience, and education
- Growing your LinkedIn network
- Finding open job opportunities
- Learning with Lynda.com