- Identify strategies to make your profile more easily discovered.
- Recognize the characteristics of an effective profile picture.
- Determine the best structure and content for a profile headline.
- Explain the main objective of a profile summary.
- Recall two elements of a LinkedIn profile that will increase the likelihood that people will find you in searches and follow with the next step.
- Recognize the types of information LinkedIn can facilitate within the education section.
- Identify the best way to keep your LinkedIn profile up-to-date and complete.
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Bert] Did you know that every day there are more than 1 billion searches conducted on LinkedIn? In today's connected world, your active presence on LinkedIn is imperative. Basically, if you aren't on social media, then you don't exist in the business world. So, how do you make your LinkedIn profile stand out from your competitors? Hi, I'm Bert Verdonck, a Master Trainer on LinkedIn and author, focused on social selling and helping professionals and organizations become socially credible. In this course, you'll learn how to make the most of your LinkedIn profile so you can maximize your return on investment on the platform.
We'll start by focusing on you, including the importance of your profile picture, and you'll learn how to create an engaging professional headline. Next, I'll show you how to transform your profile from a resume or CV into a proactive sales tool, and finally, I'll share an action plan with you so you can take the next steps in creating your standout profile on LinkedIn. Are you ready to get started? Let's do it.
1. Get Started with the Essentials
2. Your Contact Information
3. Your Summary
4. Your Experience
5. Create Your Own Brand
Publish content on LinkedIn3m 13s
6. Skills and Recommendations
7. Your Education
8. Make the Most of Your Personality
9. Extra Strategies to Stand Out
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.