LinkedIn Learning provides Premium users a library full of courses to help develop new skills and continue their professional development.
- [Narrator] If you're taking this course, you're likely a students who will eventually be transitioning out of the role as a student and into the role as an employee, but this isn't necessarily true. At some point you may not be a student at a specific institution, however you will always be a student constantly learning new things. Professional development has always been a critical part of success. But in the digital age, there is even a stronger need for it. Innovation and change is happening at alarming rates and what you need to know five years from now is likely something that you don't know right now.
I've had the opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of employers and one thing that they all say is that by the time they train employees on a certain software or system, it changes. There is a constant need to learn, learn, learn. In this video I want to introduce you to a powerful tool inside of LinkedIn, called LinkedIn Learning. Now LinkedIn Learning is a premium feature and you'll only be able to access the full library if you have a premium account. For those of you that do, take advantage of this. Let's take a look at LinkedIn Learning. Right now I'm logged into my account, which is a premium account.
And in order to access LinkedIn Learning I'll go up to the top and click on the Work icon. From here, I'm going to select Learning. And this brings me to my LinkedIn Learning page. Up at the top here, you'll notice an icon for the Library. And when I click on it, it shows me the different libraries that exist, Business, Creative, Technology and LinkedIn. Now, up here, under the Business library, I can see it broken down by subjects, where you have business and software tools, career development, customer service and more.
Or by software, they have Excel, Facebook, Google Adwords, Google Analytics and more. And then they have specific Learning Paths, which are groups of courses that you can take to achieve certification for a specific Learning Path. Now let's say you want to improve a skill set or your company needs you to learn something and you need to learn it quickly. You can access this library and do just that. So if I click here on, let's say Excel, it will bring me to all of the Microsoft Excel courses.
I have the essential training, pivot tables, scenario planning and more. You can also use the search bar up here. And for instance, let's say I type in Adobe Photoshop, it will bring up Photoshop courses. Here I can see Photoshop CC 2018 Essential Training and on and on down the line. I want to go back here and go to business and show you that there are also ones that are not necessarily software, but great, different soft skills and leadership skills that you can learn.
Here they have things like business strategy, coaching and mentoring, communication, decision-making, executive leadership and leadership skills. So there are a ton of courses that you can take in this library and something for everyone. There are thousands and thousands of courses in here and more being added every week. I am extremely passionate about life-long learning and the need to constantly improve and update your skill set. Whether you are strengthening your skill set, learning new skills to improve at your own job or learning new skills that will allow you to be promoted or transition to another job, LinkedIn Learning is an excellent resource to access a plethora of courses on thousands of topics, including skills and software titles.
- Creating a LinkedIn profile
- Growing a professional network
- Following companies and influencers
- Sharing updates and articles
- Sending and receiving messages
- Searching for jobs
- Upgrading to LinkedIn Premium
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: LinkedIn Groups.