Join Viveka von Rosen for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing LinkedIn ads, part of LinkedIn Advertising Fundamentals.
- [Voiceover] I maintain in my LinkedIn For Business course that LinkedIn is all about finding and engaging with your network. But, sometimes, in order to access the right people and prospects, you have to reach beyond your existing network, and that's where LinkedIn's Ad Platform comes in. LinkedIn Advertising allows you to reach out and become visible to people on LinkedIn who extend beyond your immediate network. Now, of course LinkedIn has great tools to help you, both as an individual and as a business, communicate with your tribe.
You can share updates for free. These are like Facebook posts and tweets. And, the updates you share on your company page are really the base for company-sponsored updates. As an individual, you can send private messages to people you are connected to, or share a group with, and if someone is not a first-level connection, you can still use LinkedIn introductions, invitations and emails to reach out to them. But this is some very granular, one-at-a-time stuff and we covered in depth in my LinkedIn For Business course.
But there is a whole other network of people on LinkedIn that you could remain invisible to who would be your perfect connections, prospects, clients, business partners, vendors... If you just knew how to reach them. And that's where LinkedIn Ads come in. LinkedIn ads allow you to target exactly your right audience while sharing a website, products, service, or even your LinkedIn company page. Before we get started on LinkedIn Ads, there's a few things you need to be clear on.
What do you want to achieve with your ad? Who is the perfect target market for this particular ad? And how much money do you want to spend? Also, before you start creating ads on LinkedIn, you have to have a LinkedIn personal profile and a company page, and create a business account. But we'll walk you through that. That's what you need to start creating, managing and monitoring your ads.
- Understanding LinkedIn ad options
- Budgeting strategies for Sponsored Updates
- Targeting text ads
- Targeting new audiences
- PPC vs. PPM big strategies
- Enterprise marketing with Sponsored Groups, Sponsored InMail, and Lead Accelerator