Share your volunteer work with other LinkedIn members. Learn how to add this to your LinkedIn profile to find common ground with others.
- [Instructor] Did you know that…according to a LinkedIn survey,…41 percent of employers consider volunteer…work to be as important as paid work.…It is indeed one way of showing that you're…a passionate professional who's adept at multitasking.…It's also a great way to make connections.…For example, I heard of a client CEO who's uber busy…and there was little time for job seekers…to connect with him at the office.…But guess what?…A couple of proactive applicants who read…about his volunteering on LinkedIn decided…to show up at one of those Sunday events…to be able to get closer to the CEO.…
This way while cleaning up the environment,…they can talk about interesting topics,…like the vision of the company or the corporate culture…that hear it first-hand from the CEO.…Not to mention, they might have a better…chance of getting hired in the future.…And as thorough leader, the CEO is…attracting candidates regularly now.…So volunteering experience is important.…To add this to your profile, click on the me button…in the top navigation.…
- Identify strategies to make your profile more easily discovered.
- Recognize the characteristics of an effective profile picture.
- Determine the best structure and content for a profile headline.
- Explain the main objective of a profile summary.
- Recall two elements of a LinkedIn profile that will increase the likelihood that people will find you in searches and follow with the next step.
- Recognize the types of information LinkedIn can facilitate within the education section.
- Identify the best way to keep your LinkedIn profile up-to-date and complete.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Get Started with the Essentials
2. Your Contact Information
3. Your Summary
4. Your Experience
5. Create Your Own Brand
Publish content on LinkedIn3m 13s
6. Skills and Recommendations
7. Your Education
8. Make the Most of Your Personality
9. Extra Strategies to Stand Out
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.