Utilize the powerful search filters of LinkedIn in order to narrow down your searches and find more focused results. In this video, learn about how to narrow searches by the account type, location, company, school and more.
- [Instructor] Throughout this course I've mentioned and used the search bar quite a few times. Here I want to show you the power of the LinkedIn search bar and how you can use it more efficiently. So right now up at the top I'm going to click inside of the search bar. Now here I could search for people, companies, schools, groups, and more. Right now I'm going to type in a general topic. I'll type in instructional design. When I'm done I'll hit enter or return. And it will return my results. However, you'll notice that once we complete a search, down below you'll get search filters. Here we can filter the results further. Let's say we want to narrow this down to groups. Here we have people, jobs, content, and then more. And in the more drop down one of the things we have here is groups. If I click on this it will show me groups related to instructional design. Now I'm going to back out. And here I could click on the people tab. And if I do it will bring up instructional designers, or people with instructional design in their profile. I'll click on this. And you'll notice when I do that, that we get some more filters that we can take this even further. Here we can decide what level of connection we want them to be. We could choose locations, where we'd like to narrow this down to. Current companies that they work at, or you can click on all filters and use any of these filters here.
- Creating a LinkedIn profile
- Growing a professional network
- Following companies and influencers
- Sharing updates and content
- Sending and receiving messages
- Searching for jobs
- Upgrading to LinkedIn Premium
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2018. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: LinkedIn Groups.